In this article you will learn how to make chicken liver paté at home.
With few ingredients your liver pâté is made superfast and tastes simply delicious.
The liver pate is great on a freshly baked bread but also as a dip for crackers.
I use chicken liver in this recipe. You can switch it with any other liver as well.
You can watch the chicken liver paté recipe as video or read it.
Have fun making it!
Making chicken liver paté at home – What do you need
Ingredients for a classic chicken liver paté:
For 600 g chicken liver paté:
- 400 g chicken liver
- 200 g butter
- 3 shallots
- 0,7 g pepper
- 0,5 g allspice
- 1 clove
- 6 coriander seeds
- 10 ml brandy (optional if you do not want to have alcohol in it)
- salt to taste
Equipment needed to make chicken liver paté
Food processor / Thermomix
In a food processor, the ingredients are mixed into a very fine mass. If you have a Thermomix, you can also use it for this process.
Spice grinder / mortar
To grind your spices, it is best to use a spice mill. Alternatively, a mortar is also suitable.
So that you can fill the liver pate. Alternatively, you can also use jars.
Homemade chicken liver paté – Step-By-Step Instruction
1. Chop the shallots into pieces.
2. Grind the spices into a fine powder.
3. Put the shallots together with some butter in a pan. Let them fry for about 5 – 10 minutes on low-medium until the shallots are translucent.
4. Transfer the shallots to a bowl.
5. Fry the liver over high heat for a few minutes on each side. Salt the liver and turn it from time to time.
6. The liver is ready when it still has a light pink color inside.
7. Now put the liver with the spices and shallots in a food processor and mix them well.
8. Add the brandy and butter.
9. Allow the mixture to blend on high speed.
10. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
11. Line a terrine mold with plastic wrap and pour the mixture into the mold.
12. Put the mold in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours.
13. Your liver pate is ready.
How long does the chicken liver paté keep?
Your liver pate will keep for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
You can also portion it and freeze it perfectl.. Then it will keep for a few months.